January has already come and gone… what is this madness? A fresh, new day of a new month means time to write one of my favorite posts: Links I Loved! I must admit I did a poor job at logging all of my favorites this month, which creates a sad vision of wonderful posts and videos floating away as they slip through the cracks of my memory. Nevertheless, I think I have a good assortment for your leisurely Saturday viewing pleasure.
- Caitlin’s 2013 New Year’s Resolution Talks to Caitlin’s 2014 New Year’s Resolution – I divulged in a major lurking session on Corrine’s tumblr, and I must say she’s a woman after my own heart. Loves cats, Harry Potter, writes fun stuff for Hello Giggles, AND has a sense of humor? …Can we be friends? (Was that creepy?) Anyway – love this hilarious piece on long-forgotten New Year’s Resolutions.
- Lonely and Drifting: The Flipside of Being an International Playgirl – Oh, Gala. You always seem to post uplifting articles at exactly the right time. I’ve been struggling with feelings of loneliness lately (LA is a great city, but big, sprawling, with every one of my friends and acquaintances feeling eons away – thanks, freeways) and this post helped a lot. Even though I’m by no means an international playgirl – yet!
- Shu Uemura Lighbulb Foundation Tutorial – This before and after blew me away. After checking this out, Shu Uemura’s foundation went straight to the top of my “must try this makeup” list. And my wallet thought it might be getting a break in 2014… pfft.
- Calm.com - I’ve been meditating daily for a couple months by now, but I recently moved into a smaller office with a lot more noise, and no suitable room to escape to without distraction. I tried remembering to do it at home, but it’s just more convenient during a break at the office… so, I love Calm.com. I can just pop on headphones, blast the volume to a high level to drone out pounding footsteps and overheard conversations, and relax.
- Candyfloss Pink on a Rainy Day – Megan is my new favorite fashion blogger. (Although I could be a little biased, seeing as The Little Mermaid was always my favorite Disney movie, and she bears a striking resemblance to Ariel!) Her outfits are always quirky and adorable, and she has the cutest accessories that I just wish I could steal. I’ve had lots of fun getting inspiration from her recent looks! I’m also thinking about doing the Disneyland Tag she created on Youtube… stay tuned, maybe?!
- When You’re Feeling Self-Doubt & a Lack of Motivation – I don’t think I’ve ever read a Zen Habits post that’s been anything less than inspirational and motivating. Much like the Gala Darling article mentioned above, I stumbled upon this exactly at the right time I needed to.
- Why You May Never Buy Nail Polish EVER AGAIN – This proposed on-demand, customized nail polish color creator is absolutely brilliant, and I’d like it to be in my life ASAP. Gotta love technology.
- DIY Arm Knitting – 30 Minute Infinity Scarf – You can knit? With your arms? Huh? I saw this video, and impulsively ran to Michael’s the next day to create my own infinity scarf. It took more like 4 hours instead of 30 minutes to grasp the concept, but once I finally did, it was a breeze. Less than $10 in supplies versus one at the store for $30+ – not bad!
You know what, I had more loved links than I thought I did! Got something awesome to share? Let me know in the comments below! And here’s wishing you a happy February (hopefully filled with lots of chocolates).